Its the time of the year when the chill is in the air , the kids get to enjoy carving pumpkins and trick or treating! Halloween is long over but I love the kids coming in costumes with their pumpkin bags asking Trick or Treat! This Halloween my neighbors kids came over and one boy was dressed as a vampire and a cop. I got a bit confused as he was dressed up as a cop with an uniform whereas he had these false fang teeth. When asked, who he is , his answer was I m a vampire cop! Hmmm that was definitely new to me. What can I say? Kids are curious thinkers , I guess.
For today , its a vampire card. (not a vampire cop card, lol)
I m entering the whimsiedoodleschallenge for this month in the last minute.
The theme for the challenge is GETTING KINDA SPOOKY. This card was perfect for it and its cute to give to kids who enjoy Halloween
I had to use the perfect vampire colors (the Christian louboutin colors) – Red and black . Its one of my favorite color combos.
The image I used is a digital stamp from Whimsiedoodles shop. Its a super cute image that I had to make the second card. Here’s my first one : https://www.flickr.com/photos/94013869@N06/15491531117/
You can find them here under Little boos. http://www.whimsiedoodles.com/whats-new.html
Paper: Neenah solar white cardstock, Black cardstock
Ink : Distress ink barn door , versafine onyx black ink , wink of stella clear pen
Copics 100, C6, C3 (vest); R29, R24 (red cape); E21 for skin; 100, C3 for hair ;YR04, Y11 for pumpkin
Stamps: Whimsiedoodles little boos digital stamp (vampire) ( http://www.whimsiedoodles.com/whats-new.html)
Lawn fawn (http://www.lawnfawn.com/products/happy-everything)
Hero arts leaf and floral background (http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=90517)
Die: Spellbinders labels four nestabilities
Misc: Enamel dots from recollections , glossy accents, foam dots.
1. Make a cardbase from neenah solar white cardstock – top folding card A2 size.
2. Make cardpanel 4.25 inches X 5.5 inches from neenah solar white cardstock . Inkblend with distress ink. Stamp with hero arts stamp to create the floral background.
3. Cut a small hexagonal white cardstock and attach to cardbase. Use two consecutive die cuts and make the frame from black cardstock and attach it above the white and red panel with small foam dots.
4. Print the digital image of vampire and pumpkin and color with copics . Use wink of stella pen to give the satin shine to cape. Put glossy accents over pumpkin. let dry. Hand cut both images. Use foam dots and attach over the white panel .
A close up view: (see the shine of the cape and glossy accents over pumpkin)
5. Stamp the sentiment using versafine inkpad and attach enamel dots on both ends.
Hope you enjoyed!