A really long time since my post! Phew! Things were so crazy that in short, All I can say is a series of unfortunate evens happened! I m glad its all over and I m able to craft again! I m also happy to inform that I m a guest designer for Whimsie Doodles blog his month.
Check out this post – http://whimsiedoodles.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-whole-lot-of-sweetness.html
I have been a fan of their digital images . I recently got a stamp set called Brrr! from them which is available at http://stores.ajillianvancedesign.com/. I love how crisp lines are when images are stamped. They are quite thin lines and are lovely to color with markers.
Finally summer is over in midwest. Its now time to work on christmas card. Yippee ! This is my first post on this year’s christmas cards.
I ve made a few cards with this Brrr set . Its a cute little set with two penguins and its winter accesories.
1. Cut an A2 size red cardstock 8.5″ X 11″. Score at 5.5″ . Its a top folding card.
2. Cut a 4″ X 5.25″ marshmallow cardstock and attach it to base.
3. Cut patterned paper (snowfall) 2.25 ” size, vellum 2.25″ width and height 5.5″ and attach to cardpanel
4. Cut 2 strips of 2.25″ long and 1/2 inch white cardstock, add glue and drop rock candy glitter on it. Hand cut the slope shapes and attach with foam to the cardpanel.
5. First stamp the scarf on neenah solar white cardstock, and stamp on post it again and cut it out. Mask it on neenah solar white image and then stamp the penguin over it. Color with copics and fuzzy cut and attach with foam. Use a white gel pen to make stripes on the scarf.
6. A inch of red cardstock , use the versamark inkpad to stamp the sentiment and heat emboss with white embossing powder. The edges were handcut and attached with dimensionals.
7 . Add the glittered snowflakes with dimensionals.
Paper – Bazzill marshmallow cardstock for card base, Bazzill peppermint for cardbase, Patterned paper (blue with snow pattern) from Joann, Vellum 40lb
Ink: Memento tuxedo black ink, Versamark embossing ink pad, Copics R29, R24, 100, C6 , C1, white gel pen
Misc: Snowflakes from recollections, white embossing powder, Distress rock candy glitter, foam dimensionals, Stickles – crystal, frosty lace , icicles for each snowflake.
Take a closer look
The second card for the day – Its quite similar to this one and more easy to make!
1. Cut an A2 size red cardstock 8.5″ X11″. Score at 5.5″. Its a top folding card.
2. Cut a 4″ X 5.25″ patterned paper(snowfall) and attach it to base.
3. Cut 2 strips of 4.25″ long and 3/4 inch wide white cardstock. Add glue and drop rock candy glitter on it. Hand cut the slope shapes and attach with dimensionals to cardpanel.
4. First stamp the scarf on neenah solar white cardstock, and stamp on post it note. Cut it out and mask over neenah solar white stamped image. Stamp the penguin over it. Color with copics and fuzzy cut and attach with foam. Use a white gel pen to make dots on scarf. Attach the penguin with dimensionals.
5. A tiny bow made from red satin ribbon attached with glossy accents to the top of the card. Stamp a sentiment of your choice on inside.
Paper: Bazzill peppermint for cardbase, Patterned paper (blue with snow fall backdrop) from Joann
Ink: Memento tuxedo black ink, versamark embossing ink pad, Copics R29, R24, 100, C6, C11, White gel pen
Misc: Distress rock candy glitter, foam dimensionals, red ribbon, Glossy accents.
Dont these penguins scream cuteness and oozes happiness?
Have a cheerful day!
Another blog post of a card with same stamp set will be posted tomorrow. (check my flickr gallery on the side of post for more clear images)